This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DP Chat location and rules

The Devil's Panties chat room currently resides in IRC (internet relay chat). We are located on the server: irc.aniverse.com the channel name is #Devil'sPanties

The rules are as follows:
    1. Respect fellow chatters. This is a safe place for all to chat and hang out. If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all. If you have a problem with someone, take it to PM (Private Message)

2. (As per Jennie Breeden) No incest

3. (As per Jennie Breeden) No feces

4. (As per Jennie Breeden) No putting things up the DP characters ..um...parts

5. Obey the Ops. They are there to keep the peace, and if they're telling you to do something, it's probably because you're disturbing the peace. If you have a problem with any one op, leave a message on Bastet, and it will be taken care of (this includes any problems with me).

6. Do not give out anyone's personal information but your own. Any personal information shared should be done in PM. We are not responsible for anything you post in open channel.

7. No overtly-sexual behavior. Pouncings, hugs, snuggles, noms are all fine, as long as they are kept PG. This is not a cyber-sex room, if you want to be overly affectionate with someone, take it to PM.

Please keep in mind this is a "family friendly" place, and behave accordingly. There are some things in the comic that could be taken in different directions, we try to keep it tasteful, be respectful of that.

Any changes to the rules will posted on this thread. There will be a notice in the topic, if anything changes. It will be your responsibility to read the rules and follow them.

This thread is considered your first warning. You will get one more verbal warning, after that you will be kicked, and if your behavior continues, you will be banned for one week. If you still can't follow our rules, you will be set on permanent ban.
    Last edited by Falconess; 07-26-2009, 07:32 PM. Reason: To Update to rules

"Allias volat propriis"
    "Zhai'helleva"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oooo look, an eyeball *nom*

Originally posted by stidf01
    Something tells me I have to re-educate Fal when I see her next

P.S. I'll let you know if I survive
    Yeah, he survived, but only just

Some IRC clients available to PC users

mIRC: http://www.mirc.com/ (this one does expire after so many days, and suggests you register it, but it still allows you to use the client without restricting any options, after expiration)

IceChat: http://www.icechat.net/site/

XChat: http://www.silverex.org/download/
    Last edited by Falconess; 08-18-2008, 04:20 PM.

"Allias volat propriis"
    "Zhai'helleva"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

For Mac: http://colloquy.info/downloads.html

It works wonderfully, though it's a bit spare of features.
      It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyeball. Then...
      Hey, free eyeball!
      ----------------------
      Originally posted by Leffy
      wussy. its not the teeth you should fear

its the jaw strength and determination to hang on.

Comment

i propose we merge this thread with the sticky.
        not that anything i propose means anything

DO IT.
        Call me!

Comment

I've got a question on the rules...Does this mean the people we have in chat who *don't* come here on a regular basis will be kicked from the room the first time they break a rule they know nothing about? And will people be told what they did wrong, or just get booted? Also, what will define 'respecting' others...We've all got far different ideas of what's acceptable and what's not. From the sound of the post (Not saying it's intentional, just how it sounded to me) was that if someone posts something 'wrong', they will suddenly find themselves kicked from the channel...Do mods in IRC not have a 'mute' command, where they can silence someone, without kicking them?
          Chaos is it's own reward

Comment

For Mac: http://www.chipersoft.com/minerva/

and to Evandril's question:
            We're pretty fair. We'll give you warning to desist if you're doing something "wrong" and we will kind of know if you're never in there since we're there a lot.
            I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like green eggs and ham.

Comment

Might want to revise the rules to reflect that, the way they are written atm, it makes it sound like no slack will be given at all, nor warnings. Have we been having such problems in there to warrent the rules having such little leeway?
              Chaos is it's own reward

Comment

Originally posted by Evandril View Post
                I've got a question on the rules...Does this mean the people we have in chat who *don't* come here on a regular basis will be kicked from the room the first time they break a rule they know nothing about? And will people be told what they did wrong, or just get booted? Also, what will define 'respecting' others...We've all got far different ideas of what's acceptable and what's not. From the sound of the post (Not saying it's intentional, just how it sounded to me) was that if someone posts something 'wrong', they will suddenly find themselves kicked from the channel...Do mods in IRC not have a 'mute' command, where they can silence someone, without kicking them?
                Evandril, not only are the rules posted in the topic line (with a disclaimer that says, "Read them because you are respsonsible for knowing them ), but when changes are made, they will be noted in the topic line as well. We are fair. We're not going to go kicking people for no reason, but ignorance is no excuse, when it's so clearly posted. This is your (everyone's) first warning, because it is the first thing you see, when you come into the room.

When someone is kicked, the are welcome to come back, if they are banned, they are not. Things will be handled on a case by case situation. The ops have a place where they can discuss things, without idle chatter mixed in.

As for "respect" if someone feels like they are being attacked, they need to say something in PM to an op, or in the open. If someone expresses that they are uncomfortable with the subject, or the way someone is treating them, then appropriate measures will be taken.

If anyone else feels someone else is being treated poorly, by another chatter, they are welcome to PM an op, or the person, about it. If the person they feel is being treated poorly doesn't see anything wrong, with what's going on, it should be dropped and let be. Each person does have their own deffinition of "respect" and as such, we must respect that definition and let it go.

Again, this will be handled on a case by case basis, and we are fair. The rules are strict for a reason. I do thank you for your questions and your concerns, and for voicing them. Others may have had the same, and I can see where some may have been concerned.

"Allias volat propriis"
                "Zhai'helleva"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Evandril, tends to often be a bit best to be stricter on paper than in practice. Allows you a little more leeway, helps keep people in line better (if they believe they will get booted if they act up, they won't), but in cases where it is absolutely necessary you can take immediate action. Also, in reality, a kick really is not all that bad. It is kinda like getting your name written on the chalkboard in school, nothing really comes of it. Many ops I know of use a kick as the warning.

Still I Like the rules. Gets right to the point.

Comment

Ok, it sounds like /kick isn't as bad a /kill (did the same thing in AOL, booted someone from the room) was...I'm used to someone being booted not being welcome back in the room for at least 30 min.

I just wanted to make sure people *would* get a warning their behavior was unacceptable before getting booted, on the first rule at least. What one person conciders acceptable and amusing...Others will find offensive. If they are asked to stop, and don't...Yep, 'tis time for them to become airbore...But I did want that one verbal warning there as well.
                    Chaos is it's own reward

Comment

so how long till someone registers a complaint about the lack of smoochy make outs?

Comment

Has already happened, dear Bishy. Maybe you should come in and remedy this...the complaints, that is

"Allias volat propriis"
                        "Zhai'helleva"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

allmost everytime i go on IRC the rooms dead,

time zones and all that

id be more likely to remedy the lack of smoochy make outs though.

Comment

pfft not hardly. I'm usually in there about 40min after the post time of this post, for about an hour, if you wanted to pop in, around then. Also, I believe Hellmark is in there quite a bit now (don't know how much he pays attention though). Can't really think of anyone else. And hey, there's always the weekends. So no excuses, get that Bishy arse in there! *laughs*

"Allias volat propriis"
                            "Zhai'helleva"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

you'll only perv over my fantastic arse if i do :P

Comment

Working...
                              X