Dragon*Con 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon*Con 2008

Because I know y'all are already thinking about it, here's the thread for it.

Wanna chat with other forumites? Hit irc.aniverse.com and join the #devil'spanties channel.

I want to go...

...but I doubt it. Time constraints.
    Danish Spunk: It's black, it's salty, you put it in your mouth, you don't think about what it is, you just eat it!

Comment

Already signed up for it. The hotels aren't taking reservations.. yet...
      Originally posted by Tipouf
      *pounces and stuffs al in mah bra*
      Newbie kills = 1
      Originally posted by sableagle
      .. but by night I'm a mad spell-check use-use-er .. I'm just a sweet cthulvestite, Elder God in crotch, snuggled in Tip's bra-a-ah.

Comment

I'll be there next year providing one of 2 things happen first...

1. Win that damn lotto
        2. Get a job where I can take that time off that actually pays me a decent wage...
        ***I'm quiet in a homicidal yet to kill people sorta way***

RazorJAK says "Evil panda is ... evil. "

Comment

signing up next paycheck that isn't for covering bills. Room-wise, waiting on the rates to be released for the Hilton, and trying not to put the cart ahead of the horse as far as roomie-expectations go, since a lot can happen in a year.

For now, though...back to cleaning. Visitors arrive in less than 48 hours!
          ~Captain of the pirate ship Virtue

Comment

Originally posted by Seolta View Post
            signing up next paycheck that isn't for covering bills. Room-wise, waiting on the rates to be released for the Hilton, and trying not to put the cart ahead of the horse as far as roomie-expectations go, since a lot can happen in a year.
            We're going to get a suite at the Mariott next year if we get enough people to say they're definately going. Want to call dibs on a slot?

"See? That right there is why I check your vagina for traps every time we're about to have sex."

Comment

I may be wrong but I think the suites are already gone. Coud be wrong... I'd join you in a heartbeat, but the wife and I swore off of shared rooms years ago. One too many deviated septums and sleepless nights.
              Newbie kills = 1
              .. but by night I'm a mad spell-check use-use-er .. I'm just a sweet cthulvestite, Elder God in crotch, snuggled in Tip's bra-a-ah.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazeyal View Post
                Already signed up for it. The hotels aren't taking reservations.. yet...
                Interesting... I tried to abuse the corporate reservation system at work to get a room reserved, and it looks like the entire Marriott is booked solid. Suites, rooms, the lot. Methinks the devious Dragon*Con management have reserved the whole place for their group booking codes this time.

I've sent an enquiry off the hotel reservation desk to find out if it's a blackout for group booking codes or real guests really booking rooms. I'll post the reply if I get one.

Because if they haven't, I'm somewhat screwed for rooms there, and I've learned not to go near the Hyatt, unless they sack the fire marshal. (Who fires the fire marshal?)

The Hilton has rooms left but no suites that I can find.

Soooo.... Book the Hilton, where the staff were a touch below competent but I know there's a room, or wait for the group booking codes for Marriott to be published and hope I was right?
                Last edited by bunrotha; 09-20-2007, 07:26 PM. Reason: Hilton like me. I wish I liked them.
                --
                Bunrotha

"When will I learn that eating a whole packet of hobnobs will not make my problems go away?" - AT

Comment

Is there a campsite nearby? I own tents.

*thinks about Jennie's advice on Atlanta nights*

Is there an armourer nearby? I don't own a large number of efficient projectile weapons yet.
                  When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by bunrotha View Post
                    Interesting... I tried to abuse the corporate reservation system at work to get a room reserved, and it looks like the entire Marriott is booked solid. Suites, rooms, the lot. Methinks the devious Dragon*Con management have reserved the whole place for their group booking codes this time.

I've sent an enquiry off the hotel reservation desk to find out if it's a blackout for group booking codes or real guests really booking rooms. I'll post the reply if I get one.

Because if they haven't, I'm somewhat screwed for rooms there, and I've learned not to go near the Hyatt, unless they sack the fire marshal. (Who fires the fire marshal?)

The Hilton has rooms left but no suites that I can find.

Soooo.... Book the Hilton, where the staff were a touch below competent but I know there's a room, or wait for the group booking codes for Marriott to be published and hope I was right?
                    I believe D*C has most of the suites booked for group codes because they go real quick and tend to be offered to the special GoH's
                    ***I'm quiet in a homicidal yet to kill people sorta way***

RazorJAK says "Evil panda is ... evil. "

Comment

Originally posted by sableagle View Post
                      Is there a campsite nearby? I own tents.

*thinks about Jennie's advice on Atlanta nights*

Is there an armourer nearby? I don't own a large number of efficient projectile weapons yet.
                      It's Georgia. They have gun shops like Seattle has Starbucks.

Wanna chat with other forumites? Hit irc.aniverse.com and join the #devil'spanties channel.

Comment

Reply from Marriott

OK, first layer of callcentre droids encountered.

You have reached Marriott's central Internet Customer Care department. We believe that you may be inquiring about a group at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis. Unfortunately we do not have any information regarding "Dragon Con" at this time. You may want to check back with us or contact your group coordinator for further information.

Regarding your question about "no availability", you will receive this response if you the dates that you have selected or the rate you are requesting is not available. You may want to try alternate dates or locations.
                        I've sent a nice polite "yes, but WHY is there no availability" reply. Don't want to end up on Rapscallion's "Customers suck" board now, do I?

It appealed to my sense of humour that my enquiry was answered by a Ms. Moroney.... am I bad?
                        --
                        Bunrotha

"When will I learn that eating a whole packet of hobnobs will not make my problems go away?" - AT

Comment

Marriott get it sorted out.

They wrote back quickly this time.

Please know that it was not our intent to insult you in any way. We do appreciate your business and your faithful use of Marriott brand properties. Please be assured, we understand the value of your business and hope to keep it.

At this time, our records indicate there are five groups booked at the
                          Atlanta Marriott Marquis during the Labor Day season. Please be aware, this may be what is causing the sold out status as of now. We are unable to determine how many regular guests have reserved a guest room for the dates of your intended travel. For the most updated status regarding your request, we invite you to contact the hotel directly and speak with a sales associate. We have provided the contact information below:
                          Point to Sehson, you're right. No idea who the other 4 groups are, or it could be five Dragon*Con related groups, for guests, staff, exhibitors, dealers, and civilians? Just a wild guess.

Anyhoo, looks like I'll be camping on the Dragon*Con website until I see the new booking codes, sometime next year.
                          --
                          Bunrotha

Comment

Originally posted by RazorJAK View Post
                            We're going to get a suite at the Mariott next year if we get enough people to say they're definately going. Want to call dibs on a slot?

I would, but I'm worried y'all would scar the boyperson too badly Meanwhile, the thing I was kinda expecting would happen did, which means back to square one.
                            ~Captain of the pirate ship Virtue

Comment

Originally posted by Seolta View Post
                              Meanwhile, the thing I was kinda expecting would happen did, which means back to square one.
                              ew

Sounds like "issues"...

yu K?
                              Newbie kills = 1

Comment

Working...
                              X