Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The idea is from the other dudes, but the unconscious tendencies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The idea is from the other dudes, but the unconscious tendencies?

Regarding these bingo grids

you have a 5x5 grid for each. 25 images.

on the guys version, only 2 show a chest with no head. 8%

one the girl version 10 show a chest with no head. 40%

that's a purely male type of bias, to look at the chest instead of the face. Didn't you use to be a feminist ?
    Did some bad influence warp you mind into thinking like a guy and looking at the boobs first before looking at the face?

Or then again, maybe you had in mind the welfare of your devoted fanboys, and figured you might as well draw what they would be looking at instead of making it complicated for them and force them to get their eyes from the bosom and explore other, less attractive, features?

Just saying ;p
    sigpic
    "And on the eighth day God gave the devil a set of panties, because he too has a sense of humor" -Anonymousse

Originally posted by DrT View Post
    that's a purely male type of bias, to look at the chest instead of the face. Didn't you use to be a feminist ?

1) Costumes tend to be on the body rather than on the face. Could be she's simply illustrating the costumes in question and didn't want to go through the trouble of doing facial expressions for every single one.

2) It's possible to be a feminist without being in-your-face rabid about it...what it boils down to is being able to do what you want to do, regardless of gender, and that's something Jen's never(from what I've seen) wavered from. Consider what she does for a living, and how she acts at cons and such, and then explain the "used to be" part.
    ~Captain of the pirate ship Virtue

Comment

Yea, from the pictures ive seen most of the costumes are very "look what ive got down here"
      Headbutts,

A sign of affection in Cats, Marines, and old school punks. - freiman

Comment

Originally posted by Seolta View Post
        2) It's possible to be a feminist without being in-your-face rabid about it...what it boils down to is being able to do what you want to do, regardless of gender, and that's something Jen's never(from what I've seen) wavered from. Consider what she does for a living, and how she acts at cons and such, and then explain the "used to be" part.
        Relax. It was just a humorous, non serious comment, my post does not lack in smileys reinforcing that statement.

As far as costume being more on the body, so are the male ones...
        sigpic
        "And on the eighth day God gave the devil a set of panties, because he too has a sense of humor" -Anonymousse

Comment

It's a very good point

1. few of the scantily clad girls wear their dental floss with the "I'll kick your ass" attitude that it takes for a feminist to respect them.

2. I'm lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by JennieB View Post
            It's a very good point

1. few of the scantily clad girls wear their dental floss with the "I'll kick your ass" attitude that it takes for a feminist to respect them.

2. I'm lazy.

You'll always find feminists on both sides of the line, I think. I am a proud feminist who is also proud to parade around in very... floss like amounts of clothes I think it's also the kinds of clothes and the intention behind them, not that others can read your intention from your clothes...::shrug:: but some girls just feel more liberated appreciating their bodies with clothes that show it off rather than hide it.

I appreciate lazy
            I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like green eggs and ham.

Comment

Originally posted by asianmommy View Post
              I am a proud feminist who is also proud to parade around in very... floss like amounts of clothes I think it's also the kinds of clothes and the intention behind them, not that others can read your intention from your clothes...::shrug:: but some girls just feel more liberated appreciating their bodies with clothes that show it off rather than hide it.
              Will... Hold... Back... Comment....

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg

My brain ! It hurts !
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrT View Post
                Or then again, maybe you had in mind the welfare of your devoted fanboys, and figured you might as well draw what they would be looking at instead of making it complicated for them and force them to get their eyes from the bosom and explore other, less attractive, features?

Just saying ;p
                You know, I like to think that if it wasn't for Jennie's appreciation for the female body (aka bi-like tendencies), we wouldn't love her as much. Besides, face it, when you go to a con and see an attractive girl in a hot costume, are you really looking at her face? I know I'm not

By the way, Jennie, please tell me these will be printable and/or available before the next convention?

"Allias volat propriis"
                "Zhai'helleva"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oooo look, an eyeball *nom*

Originally posted by stidf01
                Something tells me I have to re-educate Fal when I see her next

P.S. I'll let you know if I survive
                Yeah, he survived, but only just

Comment

Plunder's hit it, I think.

How do you ID Darth Vader? Lots of black, and THAT helmet. How do you ID the stormtrooper? White armour and THAT helmet. How do you ID "girl in her underwear", "more skin than costume" or "Slave Leia", and which aspect of that last costume caused the person wearing it to choose it, the fact it doesn't hide her face, the way it leaves her hair free, the fact the colours are good with her eyes or the visual impact of her in that from the neck down?
                  When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

Comment

Have you seen that Hope poster in the motivational posters thread? I looked at her face in that poster. Oh yes.

Those bingo things are printable now, although Jennie might be planning to tidy them up with a ruler and some colours or something. Get permission, right-click, copy image, open Gimp or foetoeshop and paste new from clipboard, crop to grid, print, paste new from clipboard (or undo the crop) and print. Ta ... da.
                    When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

Comment

Well, I assumed one could do that, but yes, I was hoping for a more cleaned up version, color or not. Right now they're a bit messy for printing and usage. hmm..I'm getting a vision...I'm thinking lamination and dry-erase markers *bing*

"Allias volat propriis"
                      "Zhai'helleva"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by sableagle View Post
                        Have you seen that Hope poster in the motivational posters thread? I looked at her face in that poster. Oh yes.

Those bingo things are printable now, although Jennie might be planning to tidy them up with a ruler and some colours or something. Get permission, right-click, copy image, open Gimp or foetoeshop and paste new from clipboard, crop to grid, print, paste new from clipboard (or undo the crop) and print. Ta ... da.
                        i looked and could not find. please link? or help? ::sad puppy eyes::

Comment

Comment

hmmm...she has pretty...uh...eyes. Yeah, eyes

"Allias volat propriis"
                            "Zhai'helleva"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

hahahahah!!!!
                              1) that's fantastic
                              2) ::
                              3) ::
                              4) You're right, Falconess, she does have pretty... uh... eyes

Comment

Working...
                              X