Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garfalk
    replied
    i don't care what they get, as long as they aren't in it.

Leave a comment:

• RazorJAK
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbo View Post
    And which one of these are we buying for Jennie to wear to Dragon Con??
    Oooo... What a good idea. My vote is:

Besides, Leffy, when we Borg-buy, we don't have to go bankrupt.

OR... Maybe this one!

Heh, heh...
    Now see, I'd rather see Jennie in the devil cheerleader outfit and Christie or Danielle in THAT outfit.

Leave a comment:

• Plunder Down-Under
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazeyal View Post
    I coulda SWORE I posted that already... But thanks for the compliment. I liked the way it turned out. My brother in law took some great shots. The video at the end took FOREVER to get right.
    Ive seen that video posted before, the last picture is spot on.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo
    replied
    hmm

http://www.trashy.com/index.php?s=bycatalog&id=511 seems to work when I click it...
    And which one of these are we buying for Jennie to wear to Dragon Con??
    Oooo... What a good idea. My vote is:

Besides, Leffy, when we Borg-buy, we don't have to go bankrupt.

OR... Maybe this one!

Heh, heh...
    Last edited by jimbo; 08-12-2007, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Leffy
    replied
    theres nothing that fancy in my community. then again if someone has something that big that explodes or requires flame nobody wants to shoot it off. cause theres always chance your friendly neighbourhood meth lab is too damned close.

Leave a comment:

• Big Otis Landfish
    replied
    Oh, that was HALF? I did catch this video before...

Sweet.... like I said, excellent ground show.

One advantage possibly here is that most of the community shows are run by volunteer fire departments (smaller centres, anyways), so it's dead easy to get in as an apprentice if you get to know the guy in charge (he helped teach band when I was a kid and I went to school with his daughter). THEY generally know the local fire warden, so permits aren't too tough either... and if you've got money to throw at it, you're golden for a public show.

If I had bothered applying for my licence, I'd have been qualified for Class I stuff... solid ground, shells up to 6", no fancy stuff like aquatic mines or flying saucers, but enough to do a solid amateur show. I think that requires apprenticing or putting on 5 shows in 3 years...? A Class II lets you do all the big stuff to 12", the oddball effects, rooftops, barges, bridges, but licensing is more expensive and I think you need to keep at least a couple of Class II shows per year. I wasn't far off of Class II qualifications...

I'll have to get back into it one day, if I move back homewards.

Leave a comment:

• Crazeyal
    replied
    I coulda SWORE I posted that already... But thanks for the compliment. I liked the way it turned out. My brother in law took some great shots. The video at the end took FOREVER to get right.

Leave a comment:

• Leffy
    replied
    wow. that.... has taken my breath away.

Leave a comment:

• Crazeyal
    replied
    I can't USE that stuff yet. All mine are commercial class c fireworks.You can see about 1/2 of the pile in THIS VIDEO

Leave a comment:

• Big Otis Landfish
    replied
    Uh..

I have a wholesale license. It was about 6 K worth of works retail! That also didn't account for all the custom rigs I did.

And 2k was*MY* contribution. Donations went to offset AFTER we finished buying (thank god...)

Damn. The last 10K show I did was off a barge and used shells up to 12"; I thought it was cheaper for 'works down there.

Leave a comment:

• Leffy
    replied
    damn. well it was worth a shot.

Leave a comment:

• Crazeyal
    replied
    Sorry.. Once a year thing I save up for and work TONS of overtime. Don't think I can convince corporate sponsorship for THAT... well maybe..

Leave a comment:

• Leffy
    replied
    if you've got the money to spare for that much in explosives i'd really appreciate either of these for my birthday
    http://www.trashy.com/index.php?s=product&set_id=9816
    http://www.trashy.com/index.php?s=product&set_id=7436

Leave a comment:

• Crazeyal
    replied
    Uh..

I have a wholesale license. It was about 6 K worth of works retail! That also didn't account for all the custom rigs I did.

And 2k was*MY* contribution. Donations went to offset AFTER we finished buying (thank god...)

Leave a comment:

• Big Otis Landfish
    replied
    Uh..

yer talkin to someone who just spent 2 K on explosives!!! You find a way to do yer hobbies..
    2K?! I've done community shows that size!
    (ok, we had more big stuff, but your ground show was better).

Dude, you need to licence up and start taking donations....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X