No announcement yet.

Oooooh! Shiny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hrm...I do have some sculpey lying around, though that's kinda heavy for earrings...maybe paint some bits of balsa and drill 'em? *ponders*

Because really, what I need right now is another jewelry project*snickers*
    ~Captain of the pirate ship Virtue

Comment

Originally posted by Seolta View Post
      Because really, what I need right now is another jewelry project*snickers*
      I hear yah.... got one on the go (earrings and pendant). But the materials are a wee bit more costly than sculpey and balsa wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Otis Landfish View Post
        But the materials are a wee bit more costly than sculpey and balsa wood.

So are most of mine...and I'm not particularly good at marketing(or taking photos of pieces so folks online can actually see what I'm trying to sell), so most of what I make either gets worn by me, given to friends, or sits around till I get an idea that tends to involve cannibalizing something I've already made.

Comment

Too bad... I have some online contacts that love buying jewelery on the 'net.

don't ask me why I hang out in a diamond forum... or why I play a pirate captain there.

Comment

i love the new pin. i'm definitely getting one as soon as i can.

the pin design is the color scheme that i'm using for my princess jennie costume (white skirt instead of the artsy purple skirt) i can't wait to finish it. then i'll be a shiney princess too

http://meghasissues.comicgenesis.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leffy View Post
              ... now i've got a jewelry idea stuck in my head.... Jennie Angel and Devil earrings. one on each side. with matching Pretty Princess necklace.
              Oh I love that idea!
              So there's a few arty/craftsy people here, huh, and seems like I'm not the only jewellery-maker, either! Awesome! More and more this is my kinda place...
              Originally posted by sableagle
              I get on just fine with nature. It's all those domestic animals that make me nervous. You know, horses, cows, humans, that sort of thing.

Comment

Too bad... I have some online contacts that love buying jewelery on the 'net.

don't ask me why I hang out in a diamond forum... or why I play a pirate captain there.
                Somehow I doubt diamond afficianados would be interested in my work...it tends more toward the wire-wrapping and semiprecious beadwork side of things.

Comment

it tends more toward the wire-wrapping and semiprecious beadwork side of things.
                  that's my kinda jewelry =D fun prettyness

Comment

Somehow I doubt diamond afficianados would be interested in my work...it tends more toward the wire-wrapping and semiprecious beadwork side of things.
                    You'd be surprised; they are jewellery nuts in general. I've seen 'em ooh and aah over beaded items.

A friend of mine uses de-hooked fishing spoons as ornaments/pendants on her beaded necklaces. Beauty is where you find it.

Comment

You'd be surprised; they are jewellery nuts in general. I've seen 'em ooh and aah over beaded items.

A friend of mine uses de-hooked fishing spoons as ornaments/pendants on her beaded necklaces. Beauty is where you find it.
                      Eh...s'pose I could post some pics in the artist section, though I offer no guarantees of clear photos.

Comment

That's really the truth! When I lived in NY I had a friend who's parents made jewelry, a lot was bead work, but they also had made a lot of things out of "junk" they found, some had gears in it, others just had weirdly shaped metal bits, all sorts of strange stuff, and it apparently that stuff sold really well!

Heck, I have 2 nice ~1" BGA microchips at home that I'm intending to turn into earrings for someone eventually, think they would look pretty cool, just haven't gotten around to it, and don't currently have someone to give them to, but eventually.. *shrugs*
                        I'm not really evil, just misunderstood...

Comment

meh. i make key chains out of odd things. i have a peice of metal that tore away from the malibu from its worst wreck as a keychain. its really pretty. its got that sea green, and then fades to pink bondo and silver, and has streaks of white and the black undercoat from the truck that hit him. the metals kinda twisted and freaky shaped now, but so far its been a great good luck charm AND personal defense weapon XD

Wanted My Hos & Knifes Fly

Comment

I used to make jewelry and key chains from all sorts of stuff, used to sell them on ebay. don't have much time for that sort of thing anymore though.
                            http://allylodge.chipin.com/house-move

Comment

never much of a jewlery maker, tho if someone shows me once or twice, i can get the hang of it.

DO IT.
                              Call me!

Comment

i used to do that one kind of intricate beading and weaving. it was just like knitting. my hands were busy and my brain could shut off.

i've stopped doing stuff like that since i had harli. i'm not too organized and if i pull it out theres higher chance she can get it. my siblings and i and my nephew have all been to the hospital for odd places to hide beads and clay and odd craft bits. i'm going to TRY to avoid it with harli.

Wanted My Hos & Knifes Fly

Comment

Working...
                                X