• Time
  • Show
Clear All

*teases back*

Headbutts,

A sign of affection in Cats, Marines, and old school punks. - freiman

Comment

Originally posted by Farler View Post
      It's the quebec-italian for homosexuals... at least according to mambo italiano which is the best gay movie set in montreal Ive ever seen
      hm, I don't know if I'm disappointed that there's a reasonable explanation for it or if I'm still amused anyway.

I try not to flirt too much, as much fun as it is, since I've avoided dating for so long.
      "Don't get it right, just get it written." - James Thurber

Learning how to think means learning how to exercise some control over how and what you think...being conscious and aware enough to choose what you pay attention to...how you construct meaning from experience. Because if you cannot exercise this kind of choice in adult life, you will be totally hosed. -David Foster Wallace (personal reminder)

Comment

If we were not meant to nibble, mankind would not taste so good when we do.

(Which comes from a random bit of fanfiction I read years back, but it stuck in my head)

Comment

Originally posted by Talen View Post
          If we were not meant to nibble, mankind would not taste so good when we do.

(Which comes from a random bit of fanfiction I read years back, but it stuck in my head)
          Thats a nice quote, though it makes nibbling sound like a sin

Comment

Originally posted by KarmaKoi View Post
            sooo.... ummmm.....

what's wrong with sin?
            we are all damned anyway...right?
            ok maybe not but close

i like being naughty and slightly evil
            hubby seems to like me that way too
            [/QUOTE] and Captain Kitty says.... "Oooooooh! You kinky bitch!" [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by RazorJAK
            Yeah yeah, you're the type of girl who would be whispering "Safewords are for quitters." in my ear. :-P
            http://www.zazzle.com/shalla/

Comment

It's been years since I read it, but yeah, the character quoted would qualify...

Comment

Funny, but I've been thinking about writing some fan fics. Though I just reminded myself I'm supposed to be writing a story about unicorns and dragons in the modern age. Oops!

Learning how to think means learning how to exercise some control over how and what you think...being conscious and aware enough to choose what you pay attention to...how you construct meaning from experience. Because if you cannot exercise this kind of choice in adult life, you will be totally hosed. -David Foster Wallace (personal reminder)

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Duck View Post
                  Funny, but I've been thinking about writing some fan fics. Though I just reminded myself I'm supposed to be writing a story about unicorns and dragons in the modern age. Oops!
                  have you read the book stardust by neil gaiman
                  very good
                  liked to movie too
                  [/QUOTE] and Captain Kitty says.... "Oooooooh! You kinky bitch!" [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by RazorJAK
                  Yeah yeah, you're the type of girl who would be whispering "Safewords are for quitters." in my ear. :-P
                  http://www.zazzle.com/shalla/

Comment

I've been debating with myself on Stardust. Do I read the book first or see the movie first?

Comment

The book.

Since there will be spoiling by the first to the second, might as well spoil the lowest quality product.

Then again, reading the book afterwards might bring some nice surprises... But the whole frame will already be known, so I stand by my first statement
                      sigpic
                      "And on the eighth day God gave the devil a set of panties, because he too has a sense of humor" -Anonymousse

Comment

Originally posted by DrT View Post
                        The book.

Since there will be spoiling by the first to the second, might as well spoil the lowest quality product.

Then again, reading the book afterwards might bring some nice surprises... But the whole frame will already be known, so I stand by my first statement
                        Agreed. Book is awesome, movie is another sort of awesome(and for different parts, imo), but read the book first. If nothing else, it'll give you a better understanding of what's going on in the movie.
                        ~Captain of the pirate ship Virtue

Comment

Originally posted by Seolta View Post
                          Agreed. Book is awesome, movie is another sort of awesome(and for different parts, imo), but read the book first. If nothing else, it'll give you a better understanding of what's going on in the movie.
                          I didn't like a lot of what they changed book to movie, but Captain Shakespeare was a nice little surprise

Comment

I didn't like a lot of what they changed book to movie, but Captain Shakespeare was a nice little surprise
                            yup...exactly what I was thinking of Captain Shakespeare is awesome.

('course, now I get the giggles whenever I see Robert De Niro on the covers of the movies at work...not sure I'll ever be able to take any of his other characters seriously again)
                            ~Captain of the pirate ship Virtue

Comment

The vote seems to be unanimous. The next time I get a chance to, I'll pick the book up and read it. I'm the bookworm type anyway, so it suits me. And now I'll know to keep in mind to give the movie some leniency when it comes to accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                              X