• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tipouf
    replied
    all i have to say is that christmas music is the work of the devil
    and i am not religious

but having worked as many retail jobs as i have during the xmass rush i can tell you that xmass music is bad boo boo bad and can be used as psychological warfare

am sooooooooooooooooooo
    thankful i wont have to her that crap again

dont get me wrong there are some song i like, too many i know the words to by heart and not because i like them

but when you hear the same song over and over again for HOURS it gets old, the only way it is worse...and it can be i swear... is if you work in a mall and you have two versions of the same song playing at the same time...one in the store and one in the mall....is SCARY!!!!

should be interesting this year being in france

halloween dress up party could be fun for my birthday and we will see if any more wild boars run through the town like they did last year

Leave a comment:

• Disco Duck
    replied
    Originally posted by Farler View Post
    Originally posted by Disco Duck View Post
    Why does the Halloween stuff stay out til thanksgiving and then come back after? the holiday itself is already nearly a month gone by that time.
    I am canadian. We have a different harvest season so we have a different thanksgiving festival.
    Ah, that makes sense.

My work puts Halloween out super early (halfway through August this year...maybe a bit earlier). But at least the wait til November for the Jingle holiday stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Talen
    replied
    Originally posted by KarmaKoi View Post
    And those stockings are cute, I always liked the santa's little helper image with the cute red velvet dress with white faux fur trim and then red and white stockings and a long red hat.
    Given a cute woman dressed like that, it's Christmastime every day of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Farler
    replied
    We have a couple of year round christmas stores... well we HAD. one went out of buisness in a year. Go figure, sales kind of sloped off during the spring and summer.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Taylor
    replied
    RE: Christmas Shopping

The only things you should really grab before the season starts are any items that you KNOW will be in high demand and that you know someone will enjoy.

As to the hardcore pushing of Christmas by retailers: I think that should wait until the end of October. Not one Christmas item should be on the shelf for sale before then, with the possible exception of arts & crafts stores who should have it year round for the people who like to make this sort of stuff for themselves and their friends.

Leave a comment:

• KarmaKoi
    replied
    I always love the sales after the holidays, but the fact that they start bringing all this stuff out so early is very irritating. Its as if they think throwing it in your face early is going to make you forget you can get it cheaper later. Also, a lot of the stuff that they put out early is obnoxious looking, or ridiculous.

And those stockings are cute, I always liked the santa's little helper image with the cute red velvet dress with white faux fur trim and then red and white stockings and a long red hat. Maybe like this?

Leave a comment:

• Farler
    replied
    [QUOTE=Disco Duck;50710]Why does the Halloween stuff stay out til thanksgiving and then come back after? the holiday itself is already nearly a month gone by that time.[QUOTE]

I am canadian. We have a different harvest season so we have a different thanksgiving festival.

Leave a comment:

• Leffy
    replied
    i'd go with it. then again i'm still picking tinsel off my clothes and out of my hair.

how in the hell do those packages seem to be like super sealed but i still find random shiney string on my person????

Leave a comment:

• sableagle
    replied
    I'd like to be able to outlaw pre-December Christmas.

People would raise a massive fuss, saying it was an attack on their faith not to allow them to celebrate a December festival at whatever time they wanted.

I'd only ban it from the shops, but they'd still say they were being prevented from celebrating it.

Leave a comment:

• Disco Duck
    replied
    Why does the Halloween stuff stay out til thanksgiving and then come back after? the holiday itself is already nearly a month gone by that time. Where I work, despite the early put out of stuff, we at least put it away in a timely manner. We give it a week or so on super discount and then it vanishes to be replaced with mostly Christmas stuff and some Thanksgiving if it happens to mix in.

Leave a comment:

• Farler
    replied
    holliday stuff is hilarious, first they put out a bit of christmas stuff, then october slam the breaks put it away and break out halloween. A week to thanksgiving it's a 180 halloween gets stashed somewhere out comes thanksgiving and a day after thanksgiving halloween comes back in full force before we finally settle in to the 2 months of christmas.

I don't even know why they even break out the christmas stuff before november, and most places have figured out that halloween and thanksgiving can share. They still haven't figured out not to play american thansgiving specials yet, which confuse children.

Leave a comment:

• greyloch
    replied
    Originally posted by Leffy View Post
    speaking of Halloween, i had a co-worker find out i like to dress up or atleast wear crazy wigs for holidays, and he's now riding my ass to dress up like the Dave Thomas' Wendy's Wendy. think i could turn this into a business venture and drag it out until he uses decent bribery to accomplish it?
    Well, yeah. Duh!

Leave a comment:

• RazorJAK
    replied
    Originally posted by Falconess View Post
    *makes plans to go sock hunting after work, then realizes it's only Aug, and that won't come out 'till next month, at least* Well, I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks!
    The halloween stuff is already out in some shops.

I HATE that the christmas stuff starts getting put out before halloween is even over.

The Great Pumpkin doesn't like getting sodomized by St. Nick!

Leave a comment:

• DarkPirateShea
    replied
    I wonder how festive I can get away with being at work this holiday season.

Leave a comment:

• sableagle
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkPirateShea View Post
    well I do have these awesome christmas socks...
    Short, short Red green satin shorts and vest top, red suede ankle boots, green stockings those socks, matching red hat and shimmery pixie wings would have been be nice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X