Canada "Sketchy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada "Sketchy"

Having spent quite a few debaucherous nights/weekends/weeks in Canuckistan, I LOL'ed!

"See? That right there is why I check your vagina for traps every time we're about to have sex."

Every time I hear how "sketchy" Atlanta can be, it makes me glad I chose to go to SDCC next year instead of Dragon Con. Jennie makes it look like you'll get mugged the moment you arrive!

Comment

Pffft ... there's not much at Dragon*Con that forces you to leave the hotels except to cross the street from hotel to hotel.

Do that in groups.

Maybe I'm jaded. I haven't seen the "bad" side of Atlanta. Then again, I used to walk home from the club in Buffalo, through the "bad" part and was only mugged three times. Well, three attempts at mugging ... :-)

"See? That right there is why I check your vagina for traps every time we're about to have sex."

Comment

They say the town I like in is "bad", "Bronxtoles" they nickname it, but so far, I've never been mugged... for real... We do have people who insist for some spare change and won't let you leave, but I ignored them and they didn't to a thing to the all those times they insisted I gave them money...

And I'm a scrawny guy, I don't think I'd put much of a fight...

But just because you can get blind drunk in Canada doesn't mean it's not safe, right?

I was actually born in Canada, but I only have vague memories of snow, squirrels and bears...

Comment

I live mere miles away from Pioneer City. Or rather, they call it Maryland City now, but whatever, it's still a really poor area that the military aren't allowed to live in.

Because of the rampant drug problem, and high crime. Living/visiting there is means for an inquiry, because of all the problems there.
          Originally posted by Lithanial
          Gah! when did kitty get older? I been asleep for too long!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanukitsune View Post
            They say the town I like in is "bad", "Bronxtoles" they nickname it, but so far, I've never been mugged... for real... We do have people who insist for some spare change and won't let you leave, but I ignored them and they didn't to a thing to the all those times they insisted I gave them money...

And I'm a scrawny guy, I don't think I'd put much of a fight...

But just because you can get blind drunk in Canada doesn't mean it's not safe, right?

I was actually born in Canada, but I only have vague memories of snow, squirrels and bears...
            You forgot the snowball fights and igloos.
            sigpic
            This is my idea of exercise

Comment

Originally posted by kitty! View Post
              I live mere miles away from Pioneer City. Or rather, they call it Maryland City now, but whatever, it's still a really poor area that the military aren't allowed to live in.

Because of the rampant drug problem, and high crime. Living/visiting there is means for an inquiry, because of all the problems there.
              There's always a "bad area" near military bases. Used to be quite a few bad areas near APG when I lived near there.

Haven't a clue as to why that is, but I've heard a lot of horror stories from my in-laws about bad areas near wherever they were stationed.
              sigpic
              This is my idea of exercise

Comment

I don't remember a base's "downrange" being anything but the bad part of town.

The jackasses who would rip on the koreans when we were stationed there used to hear my lecture ... after they regained consciousness ... about not judging a country by the people who reside in the "shantytowns" around army bases.

"Would you have other countries judge us by the people who live in Fayetteville?"

That usually shut up all but the most clueless of rednecks.

Comment

yeah atlanta sketchy is kinda scary but its not as bad as say, detroit. stick to the main roads in a group you're fine. try to go through the atlanta side roads... and yeah don't even bother with stop lights. atleast not towards the evening.

Wanted My Hos & Knifes Fly

Comment

Pittsburgh sketchy. Also really scary. I had to walk through the streets to find the theatre section when I missed my bus to see 7 Wives for 7 brothers (or whatever) and I was running around looking rather nice (but in sneakers XD) and I kept on having to avoid homeless people and cat calling addicts in alleys.

I found the place though, and close to the beginning. And no god damn help from my counselors too! They said they couldn't wait for me because they don't seat anyone after the play starts.

The manager that night was really sweet too; after I walked in and explained that I was from the Carnegie Mellon summer program and had missed the bus, he helped me get my ticket and get me seated. I love being a girl at times like this.

But yea, pittsburgh sketchy is pretty bad.
                    Originally posted by Lithanial
                    Gah! when did kitty get older? I been asleep for too long!

Comment

Hey now! Canada does sketchy....really!! Umm..you know, you don't wanna be walking down a dark alley at night and run into ... umm ... a crazed loon. No, no...I mean, not a crazy *person*, per se....but a loon - small waterfowl, sounds quite nasty in the middle of the night and...umm...sharp beak, too. Really. Could take an eye out, if you're not careful!
                      "If I love you, what business is it of yours?" - Goethe
                      "His hands reinvent cool more often in a day than Wynton Marsalis has in a year." - templeofchow

Comment

Welcome to the boards!!

*POUNCES THE NEWBIE*
                        Originally posted by Tipouf
                        *pounces and stuffs al in mah bra*
                        Newbie kills = 1
                        Originally posted by sableagle
                        .. but by night I'm a mad spell-check use-use-er .. I'm just a sweet cthulvestite, Elder God in crotch, snuggled in Tip's bra-a-ah.

Comment

Weee..thank you!!
                          Umm..but perhaps I should confess..I'm not *really* a newbie...I was here before, but the board seems to have forgotten me...*sniffle* (I even had my original registration email saved, but the board still denied me!)
                          That being said, I never *did* get pounced my first time around, so I welcome all newbie luvin'!!
                          "If I love you, what business is it of yours?" - Goethe
                          "His hands reinvent cool more often in a day than Wynton Marsalis has in a year." - templeofchow

Comment

Oh.. people who were here from three or four board versions ago get the newbie treatment... It's just sometin' to do to annoy/entertain folks.
                            Originally posted by Tipouf
                            *pounces and stuffs al in mah bra*
                            Newbie kills = 1
                            Originally posted by sableagle
                            .. but by night I'm a mad spell-check use-use-er .. I'm just a sweet cthulvestite, Elder God in crotch, snuggled in Tip's bra-a-ah.

Comment

Never had a problem with 'sketchy' neighborhoods.... then again, worst two I've ever been in, one sat out with my uncle on the porch and helped clean his shot guns; the other, had the cops called when went to pick my friend up because the neighbors thought I was sketchy looking....
                              "May you get what you deserve."
                              -AthKno Blessing/Curse

Comment

Working...
                              X