Raking Leaves (13 Nov 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raking Leaves (13 Nov 2008)

I'm so glad I don't have to do that down here.

Wanna chat with other forumites? Hit irc.aniverse.com and join the #devil'spanties channel.

im so glad i dont have to do that UP here *l*. there isnt much time between the leaves falling and the first snowfall. sometimes only a week or three.
    Silky Court Trained Liar

Twitter Facebook

Comment

Leaf blower

I don't supposed you've ever thought of using a leaf-blower to blow leaves, rather than just kilts?

Comment

I just think that its an indication of how cool the comic is that there is a reference from Homer and nobody had to ask "What's with the rock thing?"

f
        Act your rage.

Comment

See, here's how I deal with that. Instead of a rake, I use my lawn mower. The leaves get shredded and become mulch.

Two birds, one stone.

Just my two cents.
          "I like my tea like I like my women - Hot, Wet and Green."
          – IK the Troll

Comment

Originally posted by freiman View Post
            I just think that its an indication of how cool the comic is that there is a reference from Homer and nobody had to ask "What's with the rock thing?"

f
            I think she was referencing the "Labour of Sisyphus".

"See? That right there is why I check your vagina for traps every time we're about to have sex."

Comment

Originally posted by RazorJAK View Post

Agrees with Jak.

Comment

I thought so too. It was referenced in the Odyssey, If I recall correctly. You can find it in Ovid as well, but the Homer is the oldest source that I know of. I might be wrong, or just missing something. Both happen with appalling frequency.

Of course it's in Hamilton's and also Bullfinch's Mythology (Two books, two authors, same title), but I am not sure where either of those to good persons got their information.

But that isn't what I am trying to say.

What I find remarkable is that virtually everybody on this board got the reference. This seems to be a good sign that I would enjoy a beer or a coffee with anybody here.

Plus, there are lots of boobie jokes flying around, which is also a good sign.

It's a good group of folks, it seems.

f
                Act your rage.

Comment

I didn't get the rock reference until you mentioned it, but the metaphor is clear enough that you don't need to know the source material, in my opinion. ^_^

Now with more whores!

Comment

As long as your source material isn't a Red Bull commercial.

"See? That right there is why I check your vagina for traps every time we're about to have sex."

Comment

As long as your source material isn't a Red Bull commercial.

If that was your source you wouldn't need wings, my foot to their backside would be enough

I need to reread the Illiad and the Odyssey, it has been far too long.

Comment

What??

READ?!?!

Dead tree things?!?!?

*scoffs and giggles*

*snaps fingers*

BOOKS!! that's what you meant.. no.. those were phased out in the nineties..

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                          What??

READ?!?!

Dead tree things?!?!?

*scoffs and giggles*

*snaps fingers*

BOOKS!! that's what you meant.. no.. those were phased out in the nineties..

Books shall never die.

Especially not the version I have, very nice printing from Barnes & Noble.
                          http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The...5110434/?itm=3

Mine is a little different, but it is basically the same.

Try to take my books and I will burn you

Comment

the only kind of ebooks I have are the naughty ones.
                            Originally posted by Originally Posted by RazorJAK
                            Apple Butter and SHARP cheddar go together like Wenchie and Motorboat noises.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenchie View Post
                              the only kind of ebooks I have are the naughty ones.

Raise your hand if you are surprised that someone on this site has those type of ebooks...

Though I didn't know they had those type of stories in book format ROFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X