No announcement yet.

Winter Wusses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn it, Farler, now you've got Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie stuck in my head...

Comment

Originally posted by Londubh View Post
      Damn it, Farler, now you've got Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie stuck in my head...
      I have no clue what that means...
      If you're going to lose, lose with NUCLEAR EXPLOSIONS!

Comment

In chicago, its not so much the fact that its cold, its that its windy and damp as well which makes it extra uncomfortable. I've lived here all my life and I still hate winter here. its enough to almost make me want to move. But the other three seasons are so pretty. And I do loves my trees.
        you can't take the sky from me.

Comment

I am like JAK, 99+ degrees is normal for me. Current temp outside is 28, current temp inside is 59. I was outside about an hour ago in a tshirt. Is a little windy, but not bad.
          I do have a little problem, poor circulation in my hands. I must own 50 pairs of gloves. There are pictures of me outside in the snow wearing gloves, a tshirt, jeans and shoes. Nothing else. I have been skiing like that. Unfortunatly, I went down a run where my mother could see me and she threw a fit. We no longer take mom skiing.
          I had a girlfriend from Green Bay, WI. I freaked out her family when I was helping her father with Christmas lights wearing gloves and a long sleave shirt, no coat. I believe it was 12 degrees.

Comment

Was 30F last night and I was in Tchirt and jogger pants.

Then again, maybe I was kep warm by the 10+ people fighting me for that oval ball...
            sigpic
            "And on the eighth day God gave the devil a set of panties, because he too has a sense of humor" -Anonymousse

Comment

I LOVE winter. No, that doesnt do it justice. I L O V E winter. I am a skinny thing with bad blood in my hands and feet. I simply ignore the temperature untill some schmuck asks me how come Im not wearing a coat. Then I realise, "Crap, its COLD!"

And damned be Fahrenheit, Celsius rules over all!
              Ecchi_kitty: The Matrix - Scrawny computer nerds are actaully superheros who can dodge bullets. Be nice to them.

May you get, what you deserve.

Y'all are nuts. Welcome to the family.

Comment

Ridenow - next time you're at the doctor, ask them to check for Raynaud's. It's a circulatory problem that results in cold feet and hands, even in the height of summer. My sister has it, and it's always been a running joke in our family that when we're gasping and sweating from the blasting radiator, she's asking us to turn the heat up.

I don't think there's anything that can be done about Raynauds, but it's a good idea to know whether you have it, just in case it's an indicator for something else.

ETA: Actually, reading the wikipedia article on it, there are treatments, but they're the same ones for high blood pressure - which I know my sister can't do, because she and I both have extremely low blood pressure. So that's why I thought there was no treatment.
                Last edited by KiaKat; 11-22-2008, 06:03 PM.
                It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyeball. Then...
                Hey, free eyeball!
                ----------------------
                Originally posted by Leffy
                wussy. its not the teeth you should fear

its the jaw strength and determination to hang on.

Comment

Originally posted by Farler View Post
                  I have no clue what that means...
                  Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie is a Canuckistani comedic/folkish band who have a song that, to my shame, has taught me a lot of what I know of Canuckistani geography.

They also did The War of 1812, despite the common misconception that it was done by the Arrogant Worms.

Comment

*grumbles something about hating cold weather then snuggles under her blankets with her laptop*

mmm warm
                    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Comment

Oh yeah, everyone hates Toronto. It's not even a canadian city, it's an United state-ian city that got lost and can't find it's way back home.
                      If you're going to lose, lose with NUCLEAR EXPLOSIONS!

Comment

i go into work and its nice, a little chill for me but eh, i got a sweater and undershirt on i'm good. once inside its balmy. especially in the back where i work beside the faux fireplace heaters that customers feel they HAVE to turn on the heater feature for. so i strip to my undershirt.

then i get off round ten and wait for my ride. this can take anywhere from 10 minutes to a whole nother hour depending on my luck for the night. my common mistake when it seems i end up with the hour? i left my damn sweater inside and already shooed the manager off x.x

this is the hour when the high humidity meets the unusual cold first.

and when i can cut glass with my girls.

but i'm thankfull its not a repeat of last year. when every other night i lost my jacket at work and got off before sunrise and had to wait beside the highway for the bus. bout way too many sweaters and jackets last year.

Wanted My Hos & Knifes Fly

Comment

Originally posted by KiaKat View Post
                          Ridenow - next time you're at the doctor, ask them to check for Raynaud's. It's a circulatory problem that results in cold feet and hands, even in the height of summer. My sister has it, and it's always been a running joke in our family that when we're gasping and sweating from the blasting radiator, she's asking us to turn the heat up.

I don't think there's anything that can be done about Raynauds, but it's a good idea to know whether you have it, just in case it's an indicator for something else.

ETA: Actually, reading the wikipedia article on it, there are treatments, but they're the same ones for high blood pressure - which I know my sister can't do, because she and I both have extremely low blood pressure. So that's why I thought there was no treatment.
                          I have never had the discoloration, so I doubt it. I also never have problems in warmer months, just when it gets below 40 or so. I think it is just because I have small hands with thin fingers. Very helpful for a computer tech, just annoying in the cold.
                          Last time I was at the doctor's I had slightly higher blood pressure, but both the doctor and myself decided that it had something to do with me rushing though work to get there and the asinine manager that did not want to let me go.

Originally posted by Leffy View Post
                          and when i can cut glass with my girls.
                          !

Comment

Originally posted by Detritus View Post
                            then i moved down here, 70 miles SE of houston and witnessed folks breaking out heavyweight jackets and parkas for temps in the low 60s!
                            Galveston ?
                            Come with me to a land where nightmares fear to walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Atrus View Post
                              Ah, a fellow forum goer who wears a T-Shirt when it is 30F and snowing outside!
                              he's not the only 1
                              Red meat is NOT bad for you... GREEN FUZZY MEAT is bad for you

Member of IWW I.U. 660

Comment

Originally posted by Farler View Post
                                Oh yeah, everyone hates Toronto. It's not even a canadian city, it's an United state-ian city that got lost and can't find it's way back home.
                                We visited Toronto last November, I wouldn't say we hated it, I really liked the underground system. However Vancouver > Toronto still.
                                My Flickr Account

Comment

Working...
                                X