Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long has Pretty Princess had her motorcycle licence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Necrotism (aka TJ) View Post
    gawd.. you people (and i mean that in whatever offensive sense that i can comically get away with) ...

jk jk jk..

umm yah well i happened to be one of those "idiots" who ride without full riding gear, and i'm aware of the risks... and i take measures to avoid dying.. however.. no matter how hard you try... you cannot avoid death. (the main tenant of my religion: Necrotism)

i ride kilted.. i do have a leather utilikilt for longer trips, but only cuz it looks cool...

yes i'm aware i can put chaps on under my kilt and still keep the boys in their freedom... but god damn.. if you are gonna be alll paranoid about dying on a motorcycle.. then don't bloody ride one... sit in your nice safe volvo and complain about the people out there having fun... and make sure your kids are alll triple buckled up in carseat/boosters .. and don't ever send them to school.. cuz...GERMS exist.. OMG!!!

end rant.
    My concern comes from being raised by hospital staff, an RN and an X-Ray Tech, both of whom have seen bad bike accidents firsthand. I don't want anybody dead or crippled for life when it can be avoided. You might be the safest motorcyclist in the world, but that doesn't make you immune to somebody else's carelessness. I've also taken a spill on a bike without said protective gear and have no wish to do so again.

Wanna chat with other forumites? Hit irc.aniverse.com and join the #devil'spanties channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Necrotism (aka TJ) View Post
      gawd.. you people (and i mean that in whatever offensive sense that i can comically get away with) ...

jk jk jk..

umm yah well i happened to be one of those "idiots" who ride without full riding gear, and i'm aware of the risks... and i take measures to avoid dying.. however.. no matter how hard you try... you cannot avoid death. (the main tenant of my religion: Necrotism)

i ride kilted.. i do have a leather utilikilt for longer trips, but only cuz it looks cool...

yes i'm aware i can put chaps on under my kilt and still keep the boys in their freedom... but god damn.. if you are gonna be alll paranoid about dying on a motorcycle.. then don't bloody ride one... sit in your nice safe volvo and complain about the people out there having fun... and make sure your kids are alll triple buckled up in carseat/boosters .. and don't ever send them to school.. cuz...GERMS exist.. OMG!!!

end rant.
      You know, I never had a problem with people riding without gear. I always thought it was a great way to thin out the population. And hey at least they looked "bad ass" or "hard core" before they went down.

Actually TJ, I do know a few who've never gone down (oy, gutter mind, gutter mind! but oddly enough, isn't any less true). However, I find it safer to promote gear wearing, because I've seen people who've survived having to lay their bike down...with minimal protection. Believe me, it's not the dying part I'm afraid of, it's surviving.

Why don't I ride? Because I can't afford the gear...yet. Once I can afford it, I'll be back on a bike, and I was doing minor stunt stuff, on dirt bikes before (long ago, when I was a teenager and could fit into the spare equipment a friend of mine had). However, I'll be happy with a decent bike, and some comfy gear.

"Allias volat propriis"
      "Zhai'helleva"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oooo look, an eyeball *nom*

Originally posted by stidf01
      Something tells me I have to re-educate Fal when I see her next

P.S. I'll let you know if I survive
      Yeah, he survived, but only just

Comment

Working...
      X