Book 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book 3

I'm really sorry about the horrific delay with book 2. Some complications came up with the publisher which is why I'm self publishing from now on. The publisher says that book 2 will be out December 27th. We'll see if that happens.

I'm publishing book 3 on my own. It's in previews right now and it will be out in February. I'm sending naked devil girl art to anyone who pre-orders.
    Devil's Panties GN 3 order code through Diamond (tell your local comic shop) is DEC083972

Originally posted by JennieB View Post
    I'm really sorry about the horrific delay with book 2. Some complications came up with the publisher which is why I'm self publishing from now on. The publisher says that book 2 will be out December 27th.
    Curses, just days too late for a Christmas present... Great news about book 3 though.
    --
    Bunrotha

"When will I learn that eating a whole packet of hobnobs will not make my problems go away?" - AT

Comment

Book three pre-ordered via Amazon.co.uk.

Rapscallion
      A book in which I'm credited as being influential in its origins.

Comment

Got a link I can order book 3 from. A local comic store is not within driving conditions from my house.

I've lost track. If we were ordered for book 2 from Amazon, are we still on track or do I need to place an order somewhere else.

MC & HN
        Come with me to a land where nightmares fear to walk.

Comment

I've got an email with a delivery date estimate for book 3 from Amazon.

Search results on amazon.com:
          The Devil's Panties Volume 3 (v. 3) by Jennie Breeden (Hardcover - Oct 29, 2008)
          Buy new: $19.95 $13.57

Available for Pre-order
          Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
          Books: See all 39 items

The Devils Panties Vol. 1 by Jennie Breeden (Paperback - Nov 7, 2004)
          1 Used & new from $16.71
          5.0 out of 5 stars (1)

The Devil's Panties Volume 2 by Jennie Breeden (Hardcover - Sep 29, 2008)
          When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

Comment

Erm, you putting names in Cc rather than Bcc means I get the Reply All from someone in Germany who's very happy to see her.

By the way, is she crying or did she almost lose a sword-fight?
            When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

Comment

sorry about the cc bcc thing. I thought cc would hide the adresses from everyone.

book 2 is still through Archaia therefor it's still available through amazon (I think) but book 3 is mine and I haven't figured out amazon yet.

there are online comic shops.
              http://www.midtowncomics.com/
              http://www.mycomicshop.com/ (wow, they've still got the graphic novel and stuff)
              http://www.tfaw.com/

I just did a google search for online comic shop

Comment

I'm even more confused. A trip to Amazon shows that I have book 3 on order and it will ship after Xmas.

Where do I order book 2?

Is Jennie shipping from the list on Amazon for book 3? Do I need to reorder elsewhere?
                Come with me to a land where nightmares fear to walk.

Comment

ngh
                  I'll call the publisher and ask him to cancel his amazon account.
                  I should figure out how to set up an amazon shipping account and stuff. ... maybe after I figure out the whole diamond shipping thing (there is only one comic distribution company)

Comment

As a side note...We all *very* much appriciate the work you've put into this (Well, I know I do..and would be surprised if most didn't agree with me )

Will definitally be ordering 'em when I can track down the right people to order from, though...Will you be doing any purely with yourself, so you get all the profits?
                    Chaos is it's own reward

Comment

This book 3 is all mine. I made Devil's Panties an LLC so that I could use it as a "publishing company".
                      With the horrific delay of book 2 I'm depending hugely on the fans to have faith and order book 3 and I think we can pull this off. I should have waited until book two was out before going ahead with 3 but I can't wait anymore. I'm all excited over the stuff in books 3 and 4. I've held back a lot of cartoons and saved them for the books. I'm excited about the upcoming books and love you guys for bearing with me.

Comment

Most of the things I order are from conventions, as I usually find authors NEEDING to make table $$ I usually wait on things I WANT to order, because I have to watch the budget.

Which is preferable, a guaranteed convention order, or a pre-order?

Comment

Yay, Book 3! Yay, incentive art!

But, Jennie, if I'm going to pre-order anything, I'd rather just go through your online store. Is that going to be a possibility?

Comment

On one hand, I get more money from direct sale BUT
                            If I don't get enough pre-orders through stores then the book doesn't get distributed. Ordering it from a comic shops paves the way for future webcomics. If the webcomics don't sell in comic shops then the shops won't want to carry them. Also it supports the shops. There's a lot of comics I wouldn't know exhisted if it wasn't for flipping through them in the store.

I'm bashing my head against a wall with Amazon. I opened an account but can't figure out how to sell a book that isn't out yet. They don't seem to have a publisher section. Or at least, I don't know the secret handshake to get in yet.

Still trying to get ahold of the old publisher to get him to take down book 3 from amazon because HE doesn't have it to sell.

Comment

Would it help if *we* went to Amazon asking about it? Ie, why they are offering a book the person doesn't have for sale, and can they get the 'real' one?
                              Chaos is it's own reward

Comment

Working...
                              X