Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Light Reading

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Red Light Reading

    Ha ha ha!

    Yea, I know that feeling. Luckily, there is a cool place to hang out near my comic shop, I stop in for a coffee and relax under the trees in the backyard with coffee and comics!
    sigpic
    This is still the greatest country in the world, if we just steel our wills and lose our minds.

  • #2
    I know a person who had a similar problem. They got in a wreck because they couldn't wait to get home to read the Penthouse magazine they'd bought. Oopsie!
    "I like my tea like I like my women - Hot, Wet and Green."
    – IK the Troll

    Comment


    • #3
      When I was little (about nine or ten) my friend Aili and I would walk across UVA campus to the comic shop and then stop off at a drugstore on the way back. We'd get a dollars worth of ten cent candies (peanut butter cups and tootsie rolls) and read the comics on the steps of the University Anthropology building.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JennieB View Post
        When I was little (about nine or ten) my friend Aili and I would walk across UVA campus to the comic shop and then stop off at a drugstore on the way back. We'd get a dollars worth of ten cent candies (peanut butter cups and tootsie rolls) and read the comics on the steps of the University Anthropology building.
        Nice.

        I once got to read H.P. Lovecraft while sitting on the steps of a mausoleum in Oakland Cemetary during a wicked summer storm. It was the ultimate in atmospheric emersion.
        "I like my tea like I like my women - Hot, Wet and Green."
        – IK the Troll

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by IK the Troll View Post
          I know a person who had a similar problem. They got in a wreck because they couldn't wait to get home to read the Penthouse magazine they'd bought. Oopsie!
          Got confused over stick or column shift?

          Rapscallion
          A book in which I'm credited as being influential in its origins.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by IK the Troll View Post
            Nice.

            I once got to read H.P. Lovecraft while sitting on the steps of a mausoleum in Oakland Cemetery during a wicked summer storm. It was the ultimate in atmospheric emersion.
            Did things seem noticeably non-Euclidean afterwards?


            Wanna chat with other forumites? Hit irc.aniverse.com and join the #devil'spanties channel.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mike Taylor View Post
              Did things seem noticeably non-Euclidean afterwards?
              A tad.
              "I like my tea like I like my women - Hot, Wet and Green."
              – IK the Troll

              Comment


              • #8
                If I'm not mistaken, Lovecraft actually did a short story that took place in Georgia.


                Wanna chat with other forumites? Hit irc.aniverse.com and join the #devil'spanties channel.

                Comment

                Working...
                X