X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bunrotha
    replied
    Originally posted by IK the Troll View Post

I think we make it an official language. Jennish, or Jennese.
    In deference to the things that make this new language special, I vote for Jennish, since it's easier to spell when you sound it out. The spelling of Jennese could go so many kinds of wrong..

Of course, today would be the day a politician decides dyslexia doesn't exist. I shall say no more, lest fratching beckons.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7828121.stm

Leave a comment:

• IK the Troll
    replied
    I find the spelling to be part of the charm of the comic strip, and honestly I often don't even see it at the first reading of it.

I think we make it an official language. Jennish, or Jennese.

Leave a comment:

• JennieB
    replied
    For publication and products I try to get the spelling right. If you spend money for something (myself for getting it produced and customer for buying it) then it should make an attempt at quality. But if it's a free comic online that you didn't have to pay anything to see, suck it up. You get what you pay for. Though I did try to double check when I made my princess sticker and still messed up "real princesses wear combat boots" but an attempt was made at correctness.

Leave a comment:

• Necrotism (aka TJ)
    started a topic is it fun being this weird or weired?

is it fun being this weird or weired?

i thought the cleverness and irony was in the misspelingh of the word weird ... knowing Jennies interesting spelling techniques (and yes i have read her rant/blog/explanation and think thats part of what makes DP what it is) .. but then i saw her latest blog about the magnets... and DAMNIT ..she went and speleded weird all right n shit..

WHATS UP WITH THAT ??!?!?!
Working...
X