Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now THERE'S your problem!

Awww... ain't that cute
    We used to have a vermin problem too but when we got our two little beasts (our two cats) and a hawk moved to our woods (well I gues it was already there somewhere but it moved near us)

.. No more vermins
    Last edited by John Northman; 09-10-2007, 08:23 AM.
    What makes me a good demoman? If I were a BAD demoman I wouldn't be sitting here, discussing it with you, now would I?! One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch, and KABLOOIE!...T'all you fine dandies so proud, so cock-sure...Prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waiting on ya with a whiff of the 'ol brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable....with an unhappy bloody end!

Nono, the vermin are still quite alive and kicking. They just relocated. Didnt like the feeling of the neighborhood.
    Ecchi_kitty: The Matrix - Scrawny computer nerds are actaully superheros who can dodge bullets. Be nice to them.

May you get, what you deserve.

Y'all are nuts. Welcome to the family.

Comment

Is that guy a mechanic by any chance?
      Originally posted by sableagle
      I get on just fine with nature. It's all those domestic animals that make me nervous. You know, horses, cows, humans, that sort of thing.

Comment

Simple math, really.

Five acre farm + 4 cats = lots of rabbits

5 acre farm + 20 cats = no rabbits

We also have no chipmucks, ground squirrels, or other vermin... lots of grasshoppers and crickets still, but with fall starting, not too bothered...
        "May you get what you deserve."
        -AthKno Blessing/Curse

Comment

Heck, we live in an urban area, but 2 blocks from a 1000 acre park with golf course, so we've seen (in our backyard), coyotes, peregrine falcons, racoons and red-tailed hawks. It's amazing we have a turtle and goldfish left in the pond.
          Wireheads

Comment

he's one of our roomates. There's 4 people who live in the house.
            Not a mechanic but a hockey player.
            Why do you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecchi_Kitty View Post
              5 acre farm + 20 cats = no rabbits
              What have you got there, ocelots and cheetahs? I can't see a domestic cat trying for full-grown rabbit very often, or having much luck if it did.

13 acres and one .177 is a different matter.
              When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

Comment

farm cats and kitypets are not quite the same. Farm cats have some more muscle and wild in em.
                I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every second of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sableagle View Post
                  What have you got there, ocelots and cheetahs? I can't see a domestic cat trying for full-grown rabbit very often, or having much luck if it did.
                  Oh, they can do it. I watched my sister's cat, this otherwise dainty little fragile thing, shoot across the yard after a rabbit, clamp down on its neck, and then drag it under the car in the driveway. She didn't know what to do with it after that, but she took it down.

Wanna chat with other forumites? Hit irc.aniverse.com and join the #devil'spanties channel.

Comment

Ms Victoria used to bring full sized hares home. Then again, she'd bloody the muzzles of danes who got in her way.

"See? That right there is why I check your vagina for traps every time we're about to have sex."

Comment

i had a cat that was afraid of mice. she was black and white which supposedly makes good mousers but as soon as she'd spot one thered be that freaky cat scream and she'd be as high as she could go.

Wanted My Hos & Knifes Fly

Comment

Living in suburbia as I do, I found it weird and awesome to watch a hawk eat its rabbit prey on the rail of our patio one day. If they were digital, I'd share the pictures. Too bad I don't have the proper wires for my scanner at the moment.
                        Last edited by Schizoid; 09-10-2007, 07:00 PM.
                        You ever tried going mad without power? It's boring. No one listens to you!

Comment

Not often, but does happen. Is more the little bunnies that get caught, but the full grown rabbits also end up on the menu.
                          I do occasionally worry about things like opposums and skunks that the cat will probally end up the worse for tangeling with, but so far doesn't seem to have been any problems.
                          "May you get what you deserve."
                          -AthKno Blessing/Curse

Comment

My Cat (not my Kitten, since we haven't had a mouse in the house since San Diego) is a good mouser herself, but the one mouse we had came into the house because we opened the back door to let the dog in/out. Our cat was stalking it, and in came our dog ( the mouse was in the kitchen), and he started picking it up and tossing it in the air and letting it hit the ground before throwing it up in the air again. He killed it and we took it away from him and threw it in the trash outside.
                            Please Click the Eggs & Pokeemanz found here!!!!

Not dead which eternal lie; stranger aeons, death may die.

Comment

my cats are cowerds really or there just lazy, they play with birds or mice for a bit rolling them around then they just toddle off for a nap
                              Mind if i...reel you in?

Comment

Working...
                              X