Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ecchi_Kitty View Post
    Is more the little bunnies that get caught
    Yes, one of our cats was quite the hunter....about twice a year. (The rest of the time, she couldn't really be bothered.) She caught a variety of things, including some little to mid-sized bunnies.

Most of what she caught, she ate, at least part of. But she wouldn't eat chipmunks. So there were a couple times we'd wake up in the middle of the night, and hear something....well, it sounded like a very small horse, actually. Galloping across the floor. Not a soft, scurrying sound at at all!

We'd go downstairs, and there would be a perfectly healthy chipmunk, looking to escape the house. The cats were absolutely no help in catching it, either. The huntress would look at it, sometimes with a little interest, but mostly with a look of "Hey, I caught it, I brought it inside, I can't do everything for you."

The other cat would just sit there, and watch it run around, sort of "Oh, my, how curious." One of the chipmunks almost ran over his paws once, and all he did was watch it go by.

Comment

Originally posted by JennieB View Post
      Not a mechanic but a hockey player.
      Why do you ask?
      i think that the phrase "well now, there's your problem" seems to be one typically used by mechanics.

infact when adam savage was using it on mythbusters, i am fairly sure he was alluding to that stereotype

Comment

heh, I think the boys (computer geeks all) picked it up from mythbusters.
        I like it because it's usually used when referring to a car that is without an engine or on fire or in a pool.

Comment

Originally posted by RazorJAK View Post
          Ms Victoria used to bring full sized hares home. Then again, she'd bloody the muzzles of danes who got in her way.
          Jackob, for your own safety DON'T come to RazorJAK's house!

Wanna chat with other forumites? Hit irc.aniverse.com and join the #devil'spanties channel.

Comment

My cat Ebenezer was a bird hunter through and through. He didn't give two shits about rabbits or squirrels, but god help anything with wings that landed in our yard and wasn't a Hartz Mountain/Wal-Mart escapee.
            Last edited by Mike Taylor; 09-12-2007, 06:28 AM.

Wanna chat with other forumites? Hit irc.aniverse.com and join the #devil'spanties channel.

Comment

Originally posted by xlr82xs View Post
              i think that the phrase "well now, there's your problem" seems to be one typically used by mechanics.

infact when adam savage was using it on mythbusters, i am fairly sure he was alluding to that stereotype
              Well now, there's your answer!
              (((Mythbusters)))
              Originally posted by sableagle
              I get on just fine with nature. It's all those domestic animals that make me nervous. You know, horses, cows, humans, that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by xlr82xs View Post

Who uses the phrase more? Adam or Jamie? Another of my favorite quotes is one of Adam's from the Rear Axle Myth. "I reject your reality and substitute my own." I really need to get that shirt.
                You ever tried going mad without power? It's boring. No one listens to you!

Comment

Working...
                X