• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loose bolts

After finishing the do-it-yourself stuff you will always discover that:
    - you have plenty of spare stuff left over for a second one
    - on the picture it looked better
    - after reading the manual you have no clue why the designer put it like that as your sollution is waaaaaaaaaay better
    - one of the panels are upside-down (and probably inside-out too)
    pounce!
    --
    Metaal

or you did 2/3 of it already only to dicover the remaining third should've been done first.

or the only version of instructions is in a language you can't even name, the pictures are TOO cartoony, and you need to figure out what the hell you need to do to keep it together.

or you're wondering how quickly you can reach the phone, and how long you can pretend to be strong when a peice locks in place with your boob trapped cause you were leaning your weight into it and it was one of those hot days when the girls said let me be freeeeeeeee!

Wanted My Hos & Knifes Fly

Comment

I hate when you discover the item needs to be assembled in elswhere, because the area is too _______________, to assemble it there.

only to discover that assembled it is to big/bulky/odly shaped to get into the space that it is intended, through the openings provided
      ***I'm quiet in a homicidal yet to kill people sorta way***

RazorJAK says "Evil panda is ... evil. "

Comment

most things are designed to be awkerd and time consuming and expensive on top of that, i think its just the guys designing them lashing out because there jobs suck
        Mind if i...reel you in?

Comment

they're sadists. especially if its something for kids. especially something SIMPLE for kids. how a plain old bed took me HOURS i have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Leffy View Post
            they're sadists. especially if its something for kids. especially something SIMPLE for kids. how a plain old bed took me HOURS i have no idea.
            You employed the slackers rule of doing stuff.

"Check the instuctions (glance them). Look for a problematic area. Attempt to do it first. After 30 seconds of being unable to complete area, go out and grab a pint. Need to soothe the nerves. As your drinking the pint, invite some friends over. They can help you. Only, it would be polite to buy them a drink first as well....

Wake up in the morning with a hangover (hey, your used to them by now), no work being done, but you had a blast!"
            Ecchi_kitty: The Matrix - Scrawny computer nerds are actaully superheros who can dodge bullets. Be nice to them.

May you get, what you deserve.

Y'all are nuts. Welcome to the family.

Comment

RULE #1: Never, never, NEVER try to assemble ANYTHING without reading the instructions FIRST at least once. If you cannot understand them, get someone to help you. There is no shame in asking for help.
              RULE #1a: If the instructions have a parts list, go over them at least once. Make sure you have all the right tools and pieces for the job.
              RULE #1b: Give yourself enough time to assemble the item. Take a lunch break when necessary.

RULE #2: When all else fails, ask/bribe your friend (the one you asked over to help you read/understand the instructions) to do it for you.
              "I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmellows." - me (good story behind that).

The Horn'd One aka BookWyrm
              Adept of Keyser Sőze philosophy;
              RPG gamer, Sci-Fi reader;
              Str-8 male Top of many talents;
              Insidiously where you least expect it.
              officially a Hero of the Megaverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamn View Post
                You employed the slackers rule of doing stuff.

"Check the instuctions (glance them). Look for a problematic area. Attempt to do it first. After 30 seconds of being unable to complete area, go out and grab a pint. Need to soothe the nerves. As your drinking the pint, invite some friends over. They can help you. Only, it would be polite to buy them a drink first as well....

Wake up in the morning with a hangover (hey, your used to them by now), no work being done, but you had a blast!"
                no. the instructions were picture only with no numbered pages and apparently out of order. it didn't even picture each bar correctly. where i thought was a straight bar was a curved bar, and when i tried to make it fit like it said i had to use alot of pressure.... that snapped the plastic connectors and left me with a black eye. safe to say i quickly got rid of the canopy that came with the bed and am making a brand new one by hand to fit the fabric.

Comment

By the sounds of it you'd do better to just get the mattress and do the rest from planed 2x2, 4x1 and 2x1 timber.

I think I did pretty well with the furniture here.

I put it all together and into place myself, including the glass-fronted and glass-shelved display cabinet over there against the wall on top of the sideboard and attached to it at the back.
                  When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

Comment

Instructions are for quitters!!!
                    VTDNS: For all you phallic delivery needs

Comment

Heh, I always read the instructions.
                      I lay out my tools and materials and keep the manual on hand.

Guess I lose manpoints. But whose going to be the one to revoke them?

"See? That right there is why I check your vagina for traps every time we're about to have sex."

Comment

Pfft

Those are "GUY" points. Being a man and owning up to the fact that you don't know everything instantly is just about being ADULT!!

Comment

oh..
                          yeah..

*smacks JAK upside his pointy head and steals a man point from him*

THE CHASE IS ON!!!

Comment

Yup that's it, run. You'll just die tired.

"See? That right there is why I check your vagina for traps every time we're about to have sex."

Comment

Did I forget to mention the Marathon running?? yeah.. kinda did..

Comment

Working...
                              X