• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NECROPOST FOR THE WIN!

Originally posted by JennieB View Post
    We would totally have a chocolate spa.
    http://www.chocolatespa.com/
    Adding caffeine to sunscreen could guard against skin cancer

The research, conducted in mice, suggests that caffeine changes the activity of a gene involved in the destruction of cells that have DNA damage and are therefore more likely to become cancerous. The scientists said this may lead to new ways of preventing skin cancer, though other experts cautioned that it did not mean coffee lovers were better protected against the disease.

"All of this suggests the possibility that caffeine, possibly [applied to the skin], would have an inhibitory effect on sunlight-induced skin cancer," said Conney. "In addition to the effects on the ATR pathway, caffeine also has sunscreening properties."Dot Bennett, a professor of cell biology at St George's, University of London, said that any move to add caffeine or related molecules to sunscreens should be undertaken with care. "First one might want to check there is no adverse effect of caffeine on the incidence of other cancers, especially melanoma (pigmented skin cancer), which kills over four times as many people as [squamous cell carcinoma]. But caffeine lotion might promote tanning a little, since this family of molecules stimulates pigment cells to make more pigment."
    So ... getting someone to rub you with a cool mocha with a shot of espresso in it is actually good for you as well as tasty fun.

There should be mocha masseurs and mocha masseuses. It's for everyone's safety!
    When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

Comment

Working...
    X