Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haggling (12 July 07)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • garfalk
    replied
    i dont live in a tourist town. nor, a town where i go to small places often.
    nor, do i travel. frequently.

    also, i dont buy any of those things.
    Last edited by garfalk; 08-06-2007, 07:52 AM. Reason: additioning things

    Leave a comment:


  • Plunder Down-Under
    replied
    Have these shoes! Cost $3 to make and ship out! Yours for only $240!!

    And these Jeans! only $100! Dont forget this CD $40! And this book $50!!

    Totally reasonable

    Leave a comment:


  • garfalk
    replied
    i don't think ive ever haggled. ive wanted to, but the original price is always within reason.
    of course, i only ever buy food, so meh.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mike Taylor
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyace View Post
    Poor shoe saleman, not allowed to eat until he sells a pair of shoes.
    Kudos for the retro-gaming avatar!

    Leave a comment:


  • Mike Taylor
    replied
    *chases plunder with barber's shears*

    Leave a comment:


  • Plunder Down-Under
    replied
    *POUNCE FROM ABOVE!*

    Im plunder, 20% of my personality is in my hair and the other 80% is crazy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Crazeyal
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyace View Post
    Poor shoe saleman, not allowed to eat until he sells a pair of shoes.
    AHA!!

    POUNCE DA NEWBIE!!!

    Hi..

    I'm crazeyal... Kitty say's I'm SPECIAL



    Welcome to the boards. Be prepared for more pouncings.. It's the official (sorta) greeting!

    Leave a comment:


  • Little Crow
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    It is fun down in Mexico when they chase you halfway down the street to seel you something that you looked at
    God, the first time that happened to me I was in high school and absolutely horrified. I didn't know how to get them to leave me alone!

    Leave a comment:


  • Crazeyal
    replied
    It all depends on the locale.

    The more upscale the location, the less haggling. Even in the US, the smaller the store, the more likely you are to be able to haggle. If you go overseas and hit most small towns, the first price is to be considered an insult to tourists.

    Leave a comment:


  • jimbo
    replied
    Hmm... What would the "Haggle" icon look like in Frommers anyway?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mike Taylor
    replied
    Originally posted by kitty! View Post
    well, official places you can't really haggle. Places which are run by corporations. Mom and Pop stores, on the other hand, can afford (sort of) to haggle, but really, England has so many mom and pop places it happens quite often.

    and my thing was saying where you could haggle in the USA
    Yeah, but it's mostly at flea markets, fairs, and the like. However, all of the big chain retailers can be flexible on price, to a degree. Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Sears, Costco, and so on will ALL price match. You just have to go in with a current ad from a nearby competitor.

    Leave a comment:


  • UberFische
    replied
    When I was in Korea I got a sweet black leather duster custom made for $80, talked the guy down from $270. My squad-mate did the same, then had an airsoft-gun battle in the streets of Ton-Du-Chon... *revels in the memories*

    Leave a comment:


  • toreador
    replied
    lol hagglings always fun! hehe i got a £200 leather jacket for £40

    Leave a comment:


  • kitty!
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Taylor View Post
    Well, Jennie was still in the UK at the time, kitty. Unless you're referring to having bought that ring in the UK.
    well, official places you can't really haggle. Places which are run by corporations. Mom and Pop stores, on the other hand, can afford (sort of) to haggle, but really, England has so many mom and pop places it happens quite often.

    and my thing was saying where you could haggle in the USA

    Leave a comment:


  • Kyace
    replied
    Poor shoe saleman, not allowed to eat until he sells a pair of shoes.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X