X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sehson
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirate Bear View Post
    Cause some foods just don't look right! 'This don't look right, ma. Did you make that? Is there a picture of it in the cookbook? I'll bet it don't look like that.' I don't eat anything I can't identify right away. If I have to ask questions, fuck it! I pass."
    This is funny...

Me and wife had to dare each other to try some soup at a resturaunt in Disney when we went before...

It was vegetable soup. Er purree'd veggy soup. It like looked kinda purply brown goo in a bowl. After 3 or 4 dares across the table I finally took a taste. It was actually very tasty soup even if it didn't look it...

Leave a comment:

• Death Dragon2
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Taylor View Post
    Came from Star Trek: Generations, actually.
    Indeed. Last movie with Kirk in it.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Taylor
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazeyal View Post
    uh That was NOT from the last movie.. That was from the series..
    Came from Star Trek: Generations, actually.

Leave a comment:

• greyloch
    replied
    I love George Carlin. Especially his observations about food while growing up.

" 'Don't sound right to me, Ma. Say that again?' "
    "To this day, there are still some things I won't eat because of how they sound. Yo-Gurt sounds disgusting." *does heebee-geebee squirm* "I can't eat anything that has both a 'y' and 'g' in it."

" 'I don't like that! It don't look right to me. Did you make that, Ma? Yeah? Is there a picture of it in the cookbook? I'll bet it don't look like that.' "

Leave a comment:

• Crazeyal
    replied
    I think you found the one bright point in an otherwise lame movie, Crazyal.
    uh That was NOT from the last movie.. That was from the series..

Leave a comment:

• Ruestir
    replied
    Grandmas are like that. I always look at my parents in awe when they tell me what a hard ass I am. I've often pointed out where I learned my parenting skills from.

Leave a comment:

• Leffy
    replied
    i've started doing that with harli. my mom pouts and fusses at me saying no when she wants to snack on things and not eat meals. says i'm being a meanie. i just want to make sure she does eat the good stuff

Leave a comment:

• Ruestir
    replied
    My middle son used to complain about every dinner that wasn't hot dogs or mac and cheese. Always hated everything. We stopped giving him any snacks so he'd come to the table hungry. Funniest damn thing watching him say he hated dinner while wolfing it down and asking for seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Death Dragon2
    replied
    I liked Generations. And believe me, the original ending sucked, even when compared to what they went with.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Taylor
    replied
    I think you found the one bright point in an otherwise lame movie, Crazyal.

Leave a comment:

• Crazeyal
    replied
    [begin :STTNG]

"This.. IS VILE!!!"

"I.. HATE THIS!!"

"More??"

"please.."

[/STTNG]

Leave a comment:

• Mike Taylor
    replied
    "How do you know you don't like it, if you've never even tried it?"

"It came to me in a dream!"

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Bear
    replied
    That bit was just loaded with great lines.

"Want some SQUASH?!"
    "SHIT NO! Sounds like someone sat on dinner."

"What is it?"
    "I don't know. Could be meat. Could be cake. It's MEATCAKE!"
    "It's still good. Someone is saving it." Meanwhile it has gotten smaller and smaller and is, in fact, stuck to the rack.

"They called me fussy. 'He's fussy! He's a fussy eater.' Fussy eater is a euphemism for big pain in the ass. Cause if I didn't like my food, I said so. I didn't pick at my food. Play with my food. I said 'I don't like that, ma. Did you make this? I don't like it.'

'Why?'

They wanted reasons! 'I don't know. I know I don't like it. And I know if I ate it, I would like it even less. You like it? You eat it.'

Cause some foods just don't look right! 'This don't look right, ma. Did you make that? Is there a picture of it in the cookbook? I'll bet it don't look like that.' I don't eat anything I can't identify right away. If I have to ask questions, fuck it! I pass."

As for bad food in my own life, I've never known anyone who would pass off fowl garbage to someone else expecting them to eat it (shame on you, Jennie).

But we do play that game of: "EWWW! This tastes awful! Here, try it!"

I don't know what it is, but it seems we need to validate our experience by having others taste the bile.

Leave a comment:

• Ruestir
    replied
    Originally posted by Leffy View Post
    but its lookin at me just before i eat it. entirely different if it looked at me before i cooked it.
    Personally I like my animal protein to be in a fairly unrecognizable state when I eat it. No fishheads or tails, nothing with eyes looking back at me. It's not that I won't eat it, but I certainly prefer it the other way.

Leave a comment:

• sableagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Leffy View Post
    i was beginning to think you were all endless pits over food.
    Food, not quite endless but still capable of astonishing feats of consumption.

That crap they call "hot dogs"? No.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X