No announcement yet.

Nuggets of Hatred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know what that is but Its making me hungry!
    Headbutts,

A sign of affection in Cats, Marines, and old school punks. - freiman

Comment

me toooooooo! i want veggies!

Wanted My Hos & Knifes Fly

Comment

Originally posted by Leffy View Post
        i always do this quicky
        I'm sure you do. Let us know if you need help with that
        "I could get lost in a lunchbox"

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the sprouts for many of the reasons listed. Funny thing is my kids and wife all love em. So I have to endure a couple times a year. I'm not a big fan of cabbage either. I don't care how you prepare it. it always seems to be overly bitter and soggy.
          Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup!

Comment

i cook quickly :P so you have time to eat properly enough to last as long as i need of course.

never any fun when they turn to dried husks too soon

Comment

Good Gods, people! What the hell happened to this post? Did I get transported to a cooking forum or something??

Oh, it's just Leffy and RazorJAK doing that kitchen thing again. Speaking of kitchen things, kinda surprised that Otis hasn't popped in yet with his two-cents.
              sigpic
              This is my idea of exercise

Comment

I learned to like brussel sprouts when I found out they were loaded with potassium. Potassium helps keep my blood pressure down. Since I can't have orange juice any more (too acidic), I had to find other sources. Any pasta or poultry dish that has them is a welcome addition to my cookbook.

Wanna chat with other forumites? Hit irc.aniverse.com and join the #devil'spanties channel.

Comment

i'm actually waiting to see if otis does have a recipe. i'm already saving Razor-Jak's to try next i get a chance

Comment

Like many things, first impressions last. So, depending on how Mom/Dad/Parent-thingy first presented Brussel Sprouts to most of us either wrecked it or saved it. Just like OKRA!

My Mom was from the South, so it was fried in a skillet, covered in bread crumbs like chicken. Nummy!

I later had Okra prepared from someone not of the Southern persuasion -- all I have to say about that is, if it's steamed, just run away.

Wireheads

Comment

Originally posted by Leffy View Post
                      In a skillet, heat oil and brown chicken.
                      . o O ( Brown chicken, brown chicken, shake your Brussels sprout! )

. o O ( ... )

. o O ( WTF? Okay, I'm mad. Great. )

I don't have any sprout recipes, but I do have a trivium to impart: there's a chemical in them that is a harmless analogue of a particular toxin. The toxin's no longer a feature of our environment, so being able to taste it isn't an evolutionary advantage and functioning or non-functioning genes for the receptor are equally competitive. If you've got two non-functioning genes, you frickin' mutant, you can't taste it. If you've got one or two functioning versions you can. If you taste that chemical or any of its analogues, you retch, vomit, spit, cough and anything else necessary to get it out of your mouth. If neither of your parents could taste it, you'll be fine.

I have learned to cope with sprouts now that I know they're harmless really. I can suppress the reaction and just eat the things, and they taste alright really.

Still no recipes. I may have to experiment.
                      When I was fifteen, my father thought I knew nothing. When I was twenty-five, I was amazed by how little he thought I'd learned in such a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo View Post
                        Like many things, first impressions last. So, depending on how Mom/Dad/Parent-thingy first presented Brussel Sprouts to most of us either wrecked it or saved it. Just like OKRA!

My Mom was from the South, so it was fried in a skillet, covered in bread crumbs like chicken. Nummy!

I later had Okra prepared from someone not of the Southern persuasion -- all I have to say about that is, if it's steamed, just run away.

For some reason, I lost my appetite for okra, fried or otherwise. When my Grandma Taylor (R.I.P.) served it to me when I was little, I loved it. As I got older, the smell of it started to turn me off.

Wanna chat with other forumites? Hit irc.aniverse.com and join the #devil'spanties channel.

Comment

i could never stand okra. no matter how its made it was just too slimey for me.

Comment

Sprouts are nasty enough, okra is from hell.
                            Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup!

Comment

I can handle the sprouts and the okra.
                              What gorks me out is Cream Corn...
                              Don't like the taste of Lima beans from the can either. Most other veggies I can & will eat. MOST. Fruits.... Most as well. Don't like mellons though. None of them. Don't like the taste.
                              Froggie
                              I wants Frog Terror-arium

Comment

I love mellons. Especially nice round firm ones. But not too firm, lest they be fake. Perky is nice too......by mellons you meant bewbs right? What?

Comment

Working...
                                X