Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can't remember a song title and it's driving me nuts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sableagle
    replied
    Hmm ... how dedicated to answering this are you?

http://www.uk-charts.top-source.info/top-100-1995.shtml
    http://www.uk-charts.top-source.info/top-100-1996.shtml
    http://www.uk-charts.top-source.info/top-100-1997.shtml

Ripping off Bonnie Tyler, ripping off The BeeGees, ripping off everything that moves ... and bloody Barbie Girl and the flaming Spice Girls and gods-forsaken Oasis and ... holy shit, Celine Dion was #1?

Some of those '97 hits were the soundtrack of Feb-June '98, a period I spent wearing black leather lace-up boots that didn't quite fit right and clothes that were mostly green, getting far too little sleep and hearing the Top 10 too damn often. You know the scenes in Full Metal Jacket where they're jogging along, singing Mama an' Papa were layin' in bed and all that as they go? There. Right there. If you look at the road markings where they're going past the parade ground, you can see it was filmed in a place where we drive on the left.

Leave a comment:

• Detritus
    replied
    Originally posted by sableagle View Post
    Well, gee, the only other thing that came to mind was this, and I'm pretty sure you didn't mean that.
    thus why it's been intermittently driving me crazy for so long now. it gets stuck in my head and I completely lack any clue how, or sufficient data to "name that song". ~sigh~

One day I'll be going about my business and come across it by random, then after 10+ years of the random torture i'll finally find out lol

Leave a comment:

• sableagle
    replied
    Well, gee, the only other thing that came to mind was this, and I'm pretty sure you didn't mean that.

Leave a comment:

• Detritus
    replied
    Originally posted by sableagle View Post
    "There's a party goin' on right here, a celebration to last throughout the years!"

That's way older than '96.

1980, Kool & the Gang:

Not the one i'm looking for obviously. but you knew that that song and a number of similar others are near the top of the list on the lyric search engines. and i'm just barely old enough to remember when it was on the charts, the first time. I haven't been in a roller rink yet (even just walking in to pick someone up ) that I haven't heard Celebration coming out of the speakers at some point. so for me Celebration is a "Kill it with fire" grade earworm

Leave a comment:

• sableagle
    replied
    "There's a party goin' on right here, a celebration to last throughout the years!"

That's way older than '96.

1980, Kool & the Gang:

1987, Dragon:

Yeah, I'm old.

Here's a scary thought, on that topic:

"This is quite sad. This is for all the people ... well, no. This is a song off the new album. It was written about the people that fought in the Gulf War. It's a song about how shitty war is, and how shitty war is that it's started by politicians and it has to be finished by ordinary people that don't really wanna kill anybody. This song is called Afraid To Shoot Strangers." That was 1992. Most people graduating from university this year weren't even born then.

I hate earworms. Really. Imagine starting a 12-hour shift by getting an earworm. Doesn't matter whether it's Papa Don't Preach or Eternal Flame or Con Te Partiro. It sucks. You know the worst one, though?

Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana. Manamana? Manamana. Manamana, manamana.

Leave a comment:

• can't remember a song title and it's driving me nuts!

ever had this happen to you? You're ditty bopping along listening to a playlist of songs you loved from close to 20 years ago, and a fragment of the one song that you wanted to add to the list but can't remember the name of or artist for starts going all Earworm on you...

there is a Techno/dance/(not sure of actual genre it fit but you get my drift) song that I heard back around '96-97 that as soon as I heard it and got the name, I hit the record store, bought one of those "best of (insert genre and year)" CD that had it (and the rest of the CD was shite), and made several different car tapes with it in conjunction with others of similar type. well I managed to keep a tape copy around until around 2007. loved it great beat, weird vocals choice (more on this in a minute), fit right in with my strange little brain. but after 18+ years I can't remember anything apparently helpful enough to re-discover it. title, artist, enough distinctive lyrics to do a lyric search. have not idea where to turn next in searching and it's beginning to drive me crazy.

note on lyrics, as far as search terms the lyrics of this song, or at least those I can remember, are less helpful than those of LOA's "I sit on Acid". the vocal component I can remember pretty much amounts to a woman moaning in pleasure (or at least faking it) into the mic, along with snatches of "There's a party going on.... .... Right here" being repeated then going back to the moaning.

Anyone know of a lyric/song search that can be done by genre, etc? because when I try searching by the fragment I know of the chorus too many things come up and none are close so far.

anyway like I said, form of fragmented Earworm driving me crazy and no luck scratching the itch. had to get it off my chest. thanks for reading
Working...
X